Friday, April 11, 2008

Recent Feedback for Guidelines from Anu

I wanted to say well done on the social media guidelines. They definitely a great framework for all of us to think about as we move forward on social media.

There was only one area in which I would suggest some additional stress. The resources and monitoring section is very important, and I am finding in our ongoing work with the causes that with anything you create around social media you have to give consumers a voice to complain. And I have seen in many instances where it makes a difference legally as well. The difference between a company who is accountable and not accountable for the things that consumers post is the ability for the community to complain/take action against them.

This helps us as well as you start having a self policing community as well.

Additionally, when we roll these guidelines out, will we be asking the field staff to notify us when they create or use social media? I know for the Causes, it is imperative that while we don’t want to stifle our staff, we do need to know where they are using our cause brands.

I hope that helps. Thanks!

Anu Gandhi

Director, Marketing

Cause Initiatives and Integrated Marketing

American Heart Association

National Center

7272 Greenville Avenue

Dallas, TX 75231

214-706-1906

214-706-5244

anu.gandhi@heart.org

No comments: